Please join us for either an in-person or virtual Damage Prevention meeting. All Nebraska excavators, member utility company representatives and locators are encouraged to attend these FREE educational meetings hosted by Nebraska811. Locating workshops are offered at most of the in-person meetings as well. This free locating workshop is available to all individuals that perform underground utility locating in Nebraska. Whether you are a seasoned professional or just learning, this workshop is for you. The agenda will include classroom time and hands-on instruction. Attendees are encouraged to bring their locating machine.
Would you like to host a safety meeting or presentation? Nebraska811 also provides personalized safety presentations upon request. Contact Jill Geyer at email@example.com for more information.
All Nebraska digging industry stakeholders interested in safe digging, including excavators, utility company representatives, anyone that places locate requests and third-party locators.
Topics to be covered:
- Safe digging and damage prevention
- One-Call law and penalties
- Review of new rules and regulations that went into effect in 2019
- Placing a locate request and the new ITICnxt online ticketing system
- NE811 technology updates
- Protocol for damages and violation complaint procedures
- Q & A open forum chat or interactive discussion (depending on attendance)
Click HERE to go to the events page and click on the meeting date for a link to the registration form.
In-person meetings: Meetings will last 2 hours with 15 minutes for Q & A and prizes at the end. Click on the REGISTER NOW button at the bottom of this page to see dates and sign up.
Virtual meetings: Meetings will last 45 minutes with 15 minutes for Q & A and prizes at the end. Click on the REGISTER NOW button at the bottom of this page to see upcoming dates and sign up.
In-person meetings are held at various dates and locations throughout the year. Please go to the events page for information on upcoming meetings.
Virtual meetings are held via Zoom. Please refer to the instructions below for using Zoom video conferencing.
For each date, you can choose to attend both the Damage Prevention Meeting and the Locate Workshop, or you can attend either one individually.
To download Zoom on your computer:
- Go to zoom.com/download and click on the “Download” button under “Zoom Client for Meetings.”
- The Zoom application will appear in your downloads folder and/or the downloads panel at the bottom of your web browser. Click on the Zoom file in one of those locations to open; the application will then install.
- When it is time to join your meeting, click on the “join Zoom meeting” link from your registration email. This will open Zoom and take you right to the meeting.
- Please make sure you have the Zoom application installed on your computer before clicking the link to join the meeting
- We recommend downloading the app at least 15 minutes before the meeting starts
- Unless you have a strong wireless broadband connection, we recommend using a physical internet connection via Ethernet connectivity, as this will allow for higher quality viewing of the Zoom presentations.
If you have any issues getting into the meeting, email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 402-676-1989. I will try to help resolve issues as time allows. Otherwise, please sign up for another session and email or call in advance so that we can resolve any issues well ahead of time.
- The FREE training helps to prevent injuries and avoid damage to underground lines and all the negative consequences that result
- You may be able to receive CEU credit. Contact Jill Geyer at email@example.com to inquire about this.
Attendance is limited, so please sign up early. If you are unable to register, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.